Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Zimbabwe

After doing both parts of this project I have decided that I need the Internet more than I realized. I went to the library, tried to look up Zimbabwe on the book catalog and did not have any look. I finally got help from the lady at the reference desk she looked up Zimbabwe and found a book for me to go find. I wrote down the call number and went on exploring.

When I finally got up stairs I walked in circles looking for the DT section once I found the section it should be in I looked and looked and could not find the book with the number the computer told me to get. So I looked at the other books in the area and picked a couple of books to take to the table to look through. After all of this I had about 2omins and had no clue if the book had any valuable information in it.

After this expense I have decided that the only advantage of not using the Internet and actuallibrary is the peace and quiet and the ability to focus on what I am working on. The disadvantage is that the information is out of date and does not give any new information.

The internet is such a wonderful way to do research, type into a search bar what you are looking for and just like that there is information on my topic. I can look up information on the internet when it is my convenience and I can stop and come back to it as I need. I don't have to walk around hoping that I am in the right location I can sit on my comfortable couch.

The only disadvantage that comes to mind is that you have to look at what type of website you are on to see if it is reliable or not.

The information was more timely then what I found in the library. I found information from earlier this year on the internet and in the library the newest information was from 2004.

After these two hours I am glad that for most of my projects I get to have the use of the internet.


going to the

No comments:

Post a Comment