After hearing the Digital Thinkin some questions emerged like who owns NPR, and are people using the Internet to listen to NPR.
What I have learned about this is that NPR is a privately supported non profit organization who is partnered with PBS. Also NPR offers the original broadcast on there website and has hourly newscast were people can keep updated.
They talked at the digital thinkin about the new IPhone App and us non IPhone owners were wondering what else that had to offer for the mobile society.
I found out that they have a link for Blackberry users and that if you are with T Mobile or ATT NPR is available in the phones news section.
I found the conversation helpful because we as Mass Communication Majors are heading out into these fields and we need to be aware of how the Internet is affect the major business and what they are trying to do to stay up with the fast paced society and the changing technology. If major organizations like NPR can not find a way to keep up the jobs that are available to us and are job requirements will be effected.
It would have been more informative if I could have kept up with the topics they were discussing, watching the video I kept filling like I missed what was happening. The answers to most of the questions were very generic and not much time was spent going into detail.
Though overall I think it helped me realize how much the Internet affects the world around me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment