Sunday, October 18, 2009

Race is not a Gene!

After reading through pages of information about the Human Race Machine I have learned that there is no gene for race and that the DNA of two people is 99.97 percent the same.

The Human Race Machine is a black machine that has a digital camera, a screen and a joystick. The machine takes your picture and then you move placement markers around on your face to tell the computer where your eyes, mouth and nose are. After making the placements you tell the machine what race you want to see and it shows your face as a different race. The machine can also show your face 20 years from now.

According to the information I found online the machine was invented in 2000 by Nancy Burson and is available to rent for weeks at a time and is on display at certain museums.

All of the stories are about the same some going into more detail, for more information check out these websites.
http://www.timesrecordnews.com/news/2009/oct/16/human-race-machine-will-change-your-face/

http://www.humanracemachine.com/index.html

http://www.wolfmanproductions.com/racemachine.html

http://cbs11tv.com/local/Human.Race.Machine.2.942904.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/12/02/AR2005120202078_3.html

http://www.nancyburson.com/pages/publicart_pages/hrmachine.html

1 comment:

  1. I found out that Nancy Burson also invented the Age Machine and the Couples Machine.

    ReplyDelete