I am taking the Internet and Society Class so that I can learn beyond the surface, learn how to use social gathering sites for more than just staying in touch with friends. I think that learning these things are important because the internet is an important part of society and is used in careers that I want to pursue. I think that we are covering some of the most important parts of the internet and can't really think of anything that I think we should cover that is not already in the plans.
I agree with the Norm that says The NetGen has a need for speed-and not just in video games. We are such a busy society that we expect things to be fast, I pay for fast internet so that I can download quicker, send emails quicker, and just search the internet quicker. I have a black berry so that I can check my email and be in touch with people on the run. I always want things to be quicker, and is always looking for a faster easier way to do everyday tasks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i agree with you all the way thats the same reason that i am taking this class also
ReplyDeleteReaching out beyond mere social networking really is becoming something everyone needs to do at some point. Heck, in five years, even elementary school kids will be doing it as if such things are simply natural!
ReplyDeleteHopefully this generation's need for speed won't destroy their capacity for patience!
I totally agree with our generation's need for speed. In a time when we all seek out instant gratification, the internet's ability to satisfy those needs are usually impeccable. Of course, this always depends on the location where you are accessing the internet, your ISP, or simply your signal, the frustration is always there when we can't access things immediately at the click of a button.
ReplyDelete