If I understand correctly what the Net Neutrality laws will put into effect. I think that they will be a good thing.
The Net Neutrality would make all web traffic be treated equal from the internet service providers, no provider could allow one site but block another. According to the FCC the FCC chairman Julius Genachowsk will "affirm his support for a free and open Internet". Internet Providers could not discriminate against particular Internet content or applications.
It would also prevent Internet providers from blocking or slowing bandwidth-hogging Web traffic such as streaming video or other applications that put a strain on their networks. The internet providers would have to make it available to us, there consumers, there policies.
If this is truly what the FCC wants to enforce I think it would be a good thing, or otherwise the internet will turn into a few websites because the providers block or slow down the start of new websites. The Internet should continue to be a place for information to flow freely and no provider should be able to block websites that hurt there bandwidth.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree !
ReplyDeleteI think also think it is a good thing. Not so much because it will give the internet user more rights, just because I think it has to be fair. That is what I think is good about it. That it should not be somebody else's decision what I do. I decide that and I decide what, where and how! Even if I would go the web site that blogs another, it would be my choice and if I wanna choose anther site, well deal with it. There has to be fair play. Just because one has more money then another does not mean that he has the right to undermine them.