Sunday, September 13, 2009

Me and Web 2.0

As I read about Web 2.0 on O'Reilly Media I felt that Web 2.0 is really the difference in creativity and how it can be used. Web 2.0 gives us services, allows us to be creators, gives us to ability to blog, have wikis, use Google to its fullest, share and store pictures, and download mp3's.

Web 2.0 affects me because I am internet user, I take advantage of all the things Web 2.0 allows user's to do. I have a blog, a wikis, a Google Reader, a facebook, a email address, I share my pictures, I play and download music.
The most important part of Web 2.0 is the fact that it gives me a job, more and more people are using the internet to order there pictures and by working in the Walmart Photo lab the online photo lab on Walmart.com is where we get a lot of our business. Without the online portion the number of people working in the photo lab would be cut. With all of the things Web 2.0 does it make doing my daily tasks much easier.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you last sentence, Web 2.0 does make my life easier. I am allowed to do so much with my blogs, youtube channel, soon to be website, and various other things I dabble in. It really is amazing what all it can offer.

    Also, when you mentioned "Without the online portion the number of people working in the photo lab would be cut"... I couldn't help but think - "What would we do if we didn't have Web 2.0 or furthermore the internet in general."

    lol either be really bored or out of a lot of work.

    Great blog!

    -B-

    ReplyDelete